Monday, April 5, 2010

Hayden Ray

What happens when you have two kids???? You don't have time to blog:) I know I am way behind even before I had two kids but life has been a little crazy! Anyways, I want to be better at blogging for journal purposes so I guess I am going to start trying today:)!


Hayden was born March 18 at 9:56 and weighed 7lbs 1 ounce and was 19 inches long.
Labor story: I got induced on the 1h at
1:00 am- got to the hospital
2:00-5:00 am- I was given cidotec (sp) started having a few contractions at 5 I got checked at was at a 3 so I got to have pitocin.
5:00-7:00 am- just hung out:)
7:30 am- got my epidural and started pitocin
8:00 am- got my water broke
9:00 am- got checked was at a 5
9:30 am- told Steve he better go get a nurse because I needed to push and sure enough I was at a ten and the baby was there!
9:50 am- Dr. Sanders finally got there:) and 3 pushes later Hayden was born at 9:56 am!
Haydens delivery went so much smoother and was SO much faster then Hestons I loved it! Hayden started having some struggles breathing so they took him to the nursery and I didn't get to see him for 6 hours. It was awful at first I just figured everything was okay until the nurse came to tell me he had an IV and oxygen. When I finally got to see him it was so sad. I tested postive for Group B Strep so they were worried that he had an infection so they started his first dose of antibiotics and we had to stay in the hospital for an extra day. The sad part was he didn't even get to be in the room with me because he was all hooked up to the machines. So I would just go to the nursery to feed him and then when I needed to hold him (which may have been all day Friday:)! The results came back and it wasn't and infection but they still finished his doses of antibiotics and we got to leave Saturday afternoon. To add to the crazy few days Steve got the stomach flu the first night after I had him so my mom took Heston to St. George so he wasn't exposed and I spent the days and nights in the hospital by myself! Which at first I thought it was going to be horrible but it ended up being just fine! I got some rest and probably annoyed my nurses to death! Bytheway Meg it was so fun getting to have you twice! Thanks for everything! So now it has been two and a half weeks and we are lovely Hayden he is so fun and life couldn't be better! (More pictures to come!)

















17 comments:

Jill said...

Ya! I've been waiting for some pictures of my cute little nephew! He is ADORABLE! I didn't know he had to have an IV. That is sad. :-( I am glad he is doing better and you are surviving two kids!

The Sutherland Family said...

I've been waiting for pics too! He looks so cute! You look great too- glad everything went well, congrats!

youngkinfam said...

Hey congrats on your baby boy! He is so cute, it makes me baby hungry ALREADY! Hope all is well!

The Brindley's said...

CONGRATS!! He is adorable and I love the name. You look so great after just having him too, lucky!

Jeannie said...

He is so cute that top picture is by far the most precious thing i have ever seen i wish i had some of my kids like that. Cute

Mindy said...

THanks for posting! I hope everyone noticed that between 9 and 9:30 you went from a 5 to a 10! That's crazy.
Hayden looks like a tiny little glowing angel in that first picture. I have been spoiled seeing him four times in two weeks. On Easter he did not even look like a squishy newborn but a smooth little infant. He is darling and I love that he looks so different than Heston too.(Not that Heston is not super cute! I just love that they are different)
You and Steve are great parents and you will get through these crazy first months and find a rythem (and maybe even a sleeping schedule) that works for all of you.

The Martin's said...

Congrats!!! You look so great and he is just a doll.

ak studio & design said...

He is so stinkin cute! Congrats on the little guy. It is such a big change! I am still trying to figure it all out. Good luck!

Kristi Barnes said...

congratulations! I'm glad you had a smoother labor this time. You'll adjust quickly to two and I think you'll find it is way more fun than just having one! They'll play together and keep eachother entertained...it's marvelous!

McKell Callister said...

What a cutie! Glad I got to see him and hold him:) I also was glad to read your story because in the two seconds we were over there for, I didn't get a chance to hear it and I was wondering. Hope you're hanging in there...let me know when we can have Heston over for a few hours to give you a break:)

The Penney's said...

I was so excited to finally see more pictures of cute Hayden! Sounds like you are all adjusting well! Also, I took a baby present and dropped it off at your moms house a couple weeks ago but no one was home. I just set it by the garage door. Did you ever get it?

paulnmea said...

Yes! An update on cute Hayden. I can't believe how fast it went. It must have been those earlie months of Zumba. That first picture in the post is awesome. Congrats again.

Anonymous said...

AHH! CONGRATS!!! Thats so exciting- I kept thinking about you guys and wondering when you were due! How fun! I am SO glad labor went so well and that everything else worked out! Madi had to have oxygen like that too it was a bummer! What a super mom with another kid already!! :) Good luck with everything!

Megan said...

Aww- I got my own little shout out-Thanks! I loved being your nurse! Wanna come back?! JK but really it was so fun to take care of you guys. Glad you're all doing well now. I'll have to stop by one of these days and see him! Please let me know if you need anything, seriously!

Jen said...

What a cute little guy! Congratulations!! And I'm serious when I say that if you ever want a breather, holler. Heston and POrter can play, and you and Hayden can sleep.

Beth said...

He's a doll! We miss hanging out with you guys. When life calms down a little we'll have to get together!

Huntsman said...

He is so cute.